As much as I complain about how challenging rasing two young kids is, I realized today that all the little things make everyday worth it. I couldn't ask for a better family! What was the big realization you ask, well, it happened this evening after several injuries and screaming fits. I was working on dinner when as usual Lucas started scrounging through the fridge saying he is STARVING and can't wait one more minute for food. After many no's and you can have it with dinner's, Lucas settled on an ice pack. Not for dinner, but to play with. Sophie just happened to be near and Lucas held it against her head. The screaming starts again. I say, "Lucas she doesn't like that, could you please stop." the conversation continues like this:
L: "She needs it for her bobos"
W: "I don't think she has any bobos on her head"
L: "Yes, she does"
W: "How did she get those bobos"
L: "From all the times I pushed her, she has lots of bobos"
W: "Okay, you are probably right"
By this time Sophie thinks it is a game and is laughing, JD and I are also laughing. I think to myself, despite all the screaming and crying, I wouldn't change my life for the world.
Lucas has also picked up a few explicitives like "Oh Crap" and is having a hard time understanding reasons he can't use these words. Sophie is speaking in two word phrases, and most are demands... "up me", please dadu (dadu is Lucas), up please (when she wants to take over your chair (not pick her up, get up so she can have your chair), she is also saying her name (Sopie and ChaCha). She growing up too fast and Lucas is ready to go to college. He had a fit over breakfast the other day, when I told him if he didn't eat his fruit he wouldn't grow. He started crying and I didn't know why...well the reason was, if he didn't grow then he couldn't become an Aggie. One of my proudest moments!
Here are a few pics of what we've been up to...
Sophie climbs the ladder all by herself
Lucas has become concerned about his hair do.. either spike or slick back.
Lucas and his cousin Blake go to their first Monster Truck Show. My back yard is now a monster truck track.


1 comment:
Hey girl,
Love your updates...makes my crazy family seem a little more normal when I hear other moms going through the same things. I can't believe how much Sophie has changed...she's adorable!
Post a Comment