Monday, February 23, 2009

A Little Excitement on Our Street

We had a very CRAZY day on Summercrest Drive today. As usual Lucas, Sophie and I went to Conroe for work and school. At about 10 am I got a phone call from my neighbor. This is what I heard..."Whitney, are you home" then lots of commotion on the other end "where are the dogs, there's a fire, we need to get them out" more commotion and almost hysteria... I am now a little anxious as to what is going on "What is going on?"..... you get the jist. Yes, there was a fire, but it was not in my house. It was started when a gas line exploded in my neighbor's back yard. Unfortunately, it was right next to our shared fence and the dog's pen was not more than 30 feet away. The Sherrif was able to get the dog's out safely, and the fire was contained before it spread to any houses. Our neighbors lost a storage shed with lots of contents, we lost a good part of our shared fence, a tree, and part of our playset melted. No injuries, just lots and lots of mess.


No comments: