Monday, August 11, 2008

It's about time

It's about time.... for me to update the blog (according to many fans), for the heat to slack off, for Sophie's first birthday, and most importantly for school to start. I absolutely love my family and am so fortunate that I am able to be at home to spend everyday with them and watch them grow, but man am I ready for school to start. Every day is an adventure, litterally, we have to have a plan for each and every minute, or we go stir crazy. Lucas, my wild child thrives in a structured environment and with out goes a little insane. His latest is to "belly bump" everyone and everything (including little Sophie). Since starting to walk she seems to spend as much time on the ground as she does on her own two feet, thanks to the "belly bump" and other sneaky attacks. When she really gets going and gets into something she shouldn't Lucas will say "No, No, that is unacceptable" he even tries to put her in Time Out. Sophie's reaction is to growl really loud. It is actually hysterical, but I have to intervene before someone gets hurt. Besides playing "police mom", I have had a chance to catch the two in action. Sophie is going to take after me and enjoy musical instruments and Lucas takes after JD with the harder rock. Check out the bows in Sophie's hair, Lucas "decorated" her.


Last week we also endured TS Edouard, which ended up being a non-event in our area. JD spent a lot of time making sure the patio furniture wouldn't blow away and put all the potted plants away and we ended up having no wind and received more rain the next day. Anyway, Sophie played with her purse (anything with a handle is a purse) and Lucas put on his rain gear and got wet in the drizzle. Excuse the picture quality I am having technical difficulties with my small camera. You can still get the idea.



Last but not least..Sophie will be turning 1 this month. Last week we had pictures done with an AMAZING photographer Laura Swinson. Her pictures are absolutely great, but here is why she is amazing... In order to get good outdoor pics this time of year it has to be either cloudy or the sun has to be setting. We haven't had many cloudy days lately so we had to wait for the sun to set at about 7 pm (the usual getting ready for bed time in our house). We get everyone geared up and even bought cupcakes as a bribe for Lucas to listen and help with Sophie. When we get to the location, it is still about 200 degrees out and there is a train going nearby, just a slight distraction. Sophie keeps wanting to pick up and eat everything or be where Lucas is. Lucas just wants to put grass on top of Sophie's head, or throw it at Mom, Dad, or even Laura (how embarassing). So we still managed a lot of great pics at the first location. Then we went to a grassy field and it is close to 8pm, changed outfits, got out balloons and cupcakes. The whole time I am saying "If you want your cupcake you need to listen" over and over. You know the drill. Lucas was still running off, trying to knock Sophie over and in general acting crazy. Sophie was doing well, but kept sitting down. After a few arguments and lots of frustration, Lucas still got his cupcake, JD and I are still married, and Laura managed some amazing pictures (I want them all)! Check out this link:
http://studiobloomphoto.blogspot.com/

Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Amy Newman said...

I AM SO JEALOUS OF THOSE PICTURES! I wish she lived here. Your kiddos are gorgeous. You should sign them up for modeling. Miss you!