We had a very busy week of Independence. On Wednesday, July 2nd we headed out to get Lucas's hair cut. That morning we visited about how he wanted it done. Usually he gets in the chair, Paulina asks what he wants and he says "SHORT"! Well today, he wanted it like a surfer. I was okay with that since it was pretty long, but I let him know it had to be above his ears. "Okay Mommy". When we got to Paulina's she asked him what he wanted and he said "a red sucker please". So for the hair cut she asked him if he wanted "spike" and he agreed. This is his new do. Pretty handsome, don't you think?

On Thursday I loaded the kids up for a weekend with my parents. I know they love to have them, but I was a little worried because they are such a handful. This was also the first time I had been away from the Sophs over night. JD and I took off for Austin to visit Chris and Denise, a long time friend of mine. Well before we left Conroe, I hopped in the shower and while I was in, Sophie took her first 9 steps. After the shower she wasn't interested in her new found talent. She only began using the walk behind toy on Wednesday, so I didn't believe it was actually true. By the time we returned on Saturday, Sophie is toodeling around everywhere. She takes a few steps between objects, but has quite a bit of confidence already. I was hoping I had at least another month before the stress of skinned knees, and knots on the head, but aparently not. Lucas doesn't know what he is in for.

Sophie cruises around with leaf in hand
Below is a video of her new talent, try to look at her face. She concentrates so hard, she wrinkles up her nose and breathes through her teeth while walking.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Indepence day, we have had lots of Indepence in our household.
No comments:
Post a Comment