Friday, June 27, 2008

My First Attempt

Sophie Charging In


Here She Comes!

Small Collision!

The effects of a 17 pound diaper... look closely

Okay, I took the plunge. Whitney has finally entered the world of blogging. I have been pressured by many friends to set up a blog possibly because they want to see more pictures of my beautiful kids, right! Or maybe they think that if I blog I will not send out 200 pictures at a time to look at (look for these soon, ha! ha!) Well, I will make an attempt but no guarantees.

So today Lucas, Sophie and I went to Target to pick up a birthday present for a friend. Here is our picture in the store... park next to the cart return so that I don't have to make the trek across the parking lot carrying a large purse (diaper bags are so yesterday!) which weighs about 15 pounds, a cart cover to keep Sophie from getting some weird disease, Sophie, and Lucas walking beside me. All the time I am yelling WALK, WATCH OUT, THAT CAR COULD HAVE RUN YOU OVER, IF YOU WANT A TOY AT THE STORE YOU WILL LISTEN... Sound familiar? So, I get the cart, put Lucas in the "Big" part, put the cover on, and finally remember that Sophie is roasting in the car seat still so we put her in the front and be sure to strap her in so she doesn't dive out again. Okay, everyone is in and we are on our way....Screams from the cart make me notice that Sophie has figured out that Lucas is behing her and begins pulling his hair. I try to make her stop, but it is actually funny because as she is pulling his hair, he is screaming, and she is laughing hysterically. I finally distract her and we are on our way, again! Loud Thunder and pouring rain begin. So, we stay and shop more. Target just loves me.... $75 dollars and nothing useful later we are out of there. Anyway, one of our great finds was a Slip-n-Slide. Above is the result.....Remember when? ( working out kinks how do I get the pictures at the bottom? )

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hey Whitney! So glad I'll have a friend's blog to check that writes the truth about shopping with kids! haHa

Anyways, to get the writing at the top you can either put all your pics in first and then write what you're going to say, or do everything, copy and paste the wording from the top to the bottom and then delete the bottom section.

P.S. Now you've got me wanting to go buy a slip-n-slide.

Amy Newman said...

Yeah! I love hearing your stories and now I can check it every day and remind you to post more often. You are planning on posting at least 4 times a week, right? Right?